Thursday, August 4, 2011

trend watch: MAXI DRESS FROM LIGHT TO DARK

We all know that maxi dresses are one of the biggest trends right now.  They are comfortable, flattering and easy to throw on so it's definitely a great trend.  But a maxi dress on it's own can be boring, you need accessories and finishing touches to bring the look to life and really make it your own!  Whether your maxi is light or dark, printed or solid, here are some fun pairing ideas to help liven up any maxi...

Freida Pinto took a simple strapless white maxi dress and punched it up with orange and blue accents.  Here is how you can put the look together...
Audrey Fringe Bag by Carla Mancini - Retail $570 / Sale $229
Elastic Tangle Lo by United Nude - Retail $150 / Sale $135

Selma Blair isn't letting pregnancy get in the way of her fabulous fashion sense!  She paired a pink printed maxi with a cream bag and woven sandals.  Put together a similar look with the following items... 
Laguna Maxi Dress by gadogado - Retail $170 / Sale $34
Dreamland Necklace by Samanca - Retail $120 / Sale $40
Braided Strap Bag by Carla Mancini - Retail $520 / Sale $210
Legit Sandals by Blowfish - Retail $49 / Sale $19.50

 Alessandra Ambrosio added a burst of contrasting color to a solid blue maxi dress with a bold summer scarf.  You can get a similar look with these items...
Sunday Dress by Farron Elizabeth - Retail $225 / Sale $30
Bright Ombre Scarf by J.Jill - Retail $49 / Sale $29
Maya Sandals by Blowfish - Retail $39 / Sale $15

Vanessa Hudgens rocks her signature boho chic look in a black print maxi, loose cardigan and fringe cross body bag.  You can pull together a similar look for less with these pieces...
Papillion Ruffle Dress by Antoinette C - Retail $198 / Sale $69
Lou Cardigan by Otis and Maclain - Retail $225 / Sale $62
Moscow Sandals by Blowfish - Retail $49 / Sale $19.50

GTBB (Good To Be Bad),
Bad Joan

51 comments:

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

Love maxiiiii's!!! Were actually doing our Friday Fancies on maxi dresses/skirts 2mor!!

Stephanie @ henry happened said...

I just love your outfits - thanks for helping us look stylish for a wee bit less! I might have to snatch up that blue dress!!

Jessica said...

Great stylings! Love the Vanessa Hudgens look. Totally boho chic perfect! xoxo

JanandJill.com said...

I'm a huge fan of the Maxi dress, and I love your tips. I think it's a great trend because they're flattering on all women if you get the right style

xoDale
www.savvyspice.blogspot.com

Mary said...

Hello, Your post is fantastic.
So cute Maxi dress.
Kiss.
http://mary1975.blogs.elle.es/

Leelo said...

Fantastic dresses! I want them!

http://eisaamitte.blogspot.com

Alessandra Mazzini said...

Love maxi dresses <3

http://fashionindahat.blogspot.com/

Gracie said...

Ohh I love these maxis. I think I will definitely have to wear more of these when summer hits.

Unknown said...

I love love love maxi dresses!!!:D

xxx

honey my heart said...

maxi dresses are so fun. i would love a cool blue one.

Anonymous said...

Have always loved Vanessa's style, she rocks the boho so well!

xx, http://heelsandwedges.blogspot.com/

christie said...

I love maxi dresses! They are def my go-to every summer!

The new Fashion Stylist said...

Thank you for your lovely comment!
I love your blog!

Kisses, Zoë

www.fashionapp.blogspot.com

Johanna said...

I love the maxi. Always have, always will.

THE said...

I love maxi-dresses, so thanks for the inspiration. Especially the one with Selma Blair ;)

XO Charlotte
www.thefashionguitar.com

Hayley said...

I love the maxis!! they are the most amazing staples and always good for days when your feeling a little chubby too. Great post and awesome blog!

now following x

http://hayleyhour.blogspot.com/
http://www.facebook.com/amarivintage

Danielle (elleinadspir) said...

Love that last one!

Must Have said...

yo este año aposte por dos maxi vestidos! uno en flores y otro en blanco!

Paula

Kristen said...

love these looks, especially AA and VH! boho all the way.

Andreea said...

Great tips! And i love the dresses you chose:)

xoxo

Courtney Erin said...

Great tips - I really need to invest in some more maxis...

xoxo ~ Courtney
http://sartorialsidelines.com

Sienna said...

love maxis--so comfy and chic

Punctuation Mark said...

i love the blue dress... def have to get myself one of these!

Sick by Trend said...

Maxi dresses are cool!! They are my favorite ones for summer

xx

Have a nice weekend :)

www.sickbytrend.com

Anonymous said...

I really like Vanessa's maxi dress! Perfect for fall...

xx
rebelrousher.blogspot.com

Ellie said...

AH I love Maxis, these are perfect!
-Ellie

FashionJazz said...

Love maxi dresses! : ) Happy Friday xxx

Anonymous said...

So pretty!!!
Maxi dresses are lovely...

I have only one right now... a white linen one. So pretty. If i didnt travel so much, i would have more!

Unknown said...

I love these! Vanessa looks pretty fantastic!

Ashley {hudson's happenings} said...

Love the Vanessa look the best! Maxis are so easy and breezy! :)

FRANKIE HEARTS FASHION said...

YES! All about the maxi....xo

drollgirl said...

very cute maxi dresses in this post! & love the accessories, too!

and i had no idea selma blair was SO PREGNANT. wow!

Virginia Ibarra said...

love the shoes of the first board!

Glitter, Inc. said...

I love maxi dresses ... they're just so easy!

xox Lexi
Glitter & Pearls

Grace (The Stripe) said...

loving all of these... though the first look is probably my favorite!

xx grace
stripesandsequns.com

Eliska H said...

ooo i love the black and the white one!

and thank you for your lovely comment♥

cryskay said...

so many cute looks - love the last dress. xx

Vanessa said...

i love the vanessa hudgens look, great style!
xox vanessa

tessa said...

love that blue one!

couturelust

Unknown said...

I'm loving this trend and this are great inspirations.


<3 Marina
Fashion.MakeUp.LifeStyle

Vilette said...

Oh I love maxi dresses!!!

http://archiveofmystyle.blogspot.com

Jennifer said...

looove the navy maxi. great picks + styling!

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

I love them all. And I am slightly obsessing over the Braided Strap Bag by Carla Mancini.

*Erin

DailyGlamour said...

love that! great idea !
xx

Chloe Mia said...

I love the blue one!

Leah said...

I love the maxi dress trend! And these ladies do it so well.

xo L.

Ilse said...

Usually I'm not that much into Vanessa's style but this dress of hers is gorgeous!

Nikol said...

perfect outfits:)

Jelena Zivanovic said...

I love maxi dresses, great for the summer! And those are fantastic outfit combinations!;)
xoxo
Jelena
http://glamfabchameleon.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

I really like Vanessa's complete boho look! And your cheaper alternatives are great!

http://a-little-awkward.blogspot.com/

laxmi said...

I love Vanessa Hudgen's outfit.