Thursday, August 18, 2011

trend watch: FLOWY TUNICS

A flowy tunic is the perfect end of summer/beginning of fall piece because you can wear it over anything from your bathing suit to your jeans!  Right now at Badjoan.com we have some incredible flowy tunics that are made from thin, lightweight silk and full of gorgeous embroidered details. 

Check out a couple celeb looks that we shopped featuring our Lotta Stensson Kurta Tunic which normally retails for $249 but is on sale for $69...
Gwen Stefani rocked a red flowy tunic with flare jeans and sneakers.  This casual look is flattering and comfortable with a little edge! 

Here is how you can get this look:
-Kurta Tunic by Lotta Stensson - Retail $249 / Sale $69
-Abigail Flare Jean by Karmel and Alden - Retail $185 / Sale $42


Selma Blair showed off her post pregnancy body in a monochromatic look that featured a pale pink tunic and pale pink shorts.  She highlighted the pink with a cream bag and light blue oxford flats. 

You can put together this laid back style with the following items:
-Kurta Tunic by Lotta Stensson - Retail $249 / Sale $69
-Cuffed Shorts by Gap - Retail $39.95 / Sale $18.99
-Braided Strap Bag by Carla Mancini - Retail $520 / Sale $210
-Universal Lo Oxford Shoe by United Nude - Retail $170 / Sale $119

GTBB,
Bad Joan

25 comments:

Deppa said...

I want one, but I don't like the first style with jeand and converse. I prefer them with shorts.

See you :)

Fashion Confessions of a Mommy said...

I love the idea of pairing sneakers under the tunics. Your take on Selma Blair's outfit is much cuter.
Daphne.
http://fashiondivamommy.blogspot.com

Noelani said...

i think you take on Selma's outfit is cuter than Selma's!!

THE ALTERNATIVE WIFE said...

Love both looks! I live in tunics in the summer :)

ninam said...

I love those pale pink shorts!

Thanks for your comment :)

xoxonina.com

Savannah said...

This definitely inspired me to keep an eye out for a great tunic!

Leelo said...

i love those flowy tunics. I´ve been looking for one, but haven´t found yet one that I would really like.
The Carla Mancini bag looks great.

janel said...

I love this, they look so comfy!


http://www.afoolforfashion.com/

M.R. said...

I LOVE THE FIRST LOOK- ESP THE CONS!!

MINDOFMR.BLOGSPOT.COM

Mikimoto Angel said...

Tunics are really one of the best fashion must-haves. Reminds me of Bollywood fashion. :-)

Chantal | Blamethefireworks said...

lovely sets
thanks for your comment
x

www.crystalvisionss.blogspot.com

Gracie said...

Tunics are pretty. I like that they are flowy so they are perfect in the summer to keep you cool.

Maja K said...

I love tunics, they are awesome to wear. Especially in a light summer breeze to cool down a bit :)

xoxo
http://randomgirl-ishstuff.blogspot.com/

Drew {Coral Cafe} said...

That pale pink tunic is gorgeous!!

Once Upon A Time... said...

thanks for posting this! the looks are stunning and what a bargain!!!!!


jox xx

Marcela Gmd said...

I love the tunics!! Fantastic outfits!!
Buen fin de semana!
Besos, desde España, Marcela

Teresa said...

Ahhh... you can always add a pair of Chucks to any outfit. Loving that pink ensemble too!

invasionista

Ethic said...

That´s the perfect summer look!!
It makes me feel like a warmy bitch day!!!

xoxo
http://www.fashionandpride.blogspot.com/

mirjam schuurkamp said...

love the first look!

New outfit post - Lets sheer it
www.mirfashion.blogspot.com

Low said...

I must confess I´m not a really tunic fan... maybe just for going to the beach.. that´s all!
XOXO

http://somestylestories.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

i love this! :)

drollgirl said...

very nice tunics! love the look! and they are perfect for those (BLOATED) days when you don't want tightness of clothing all around your belly. i am having one of THOSE days today. lol

Unknown said...

Love your looks and am glad I'm in step with street celeb style as I wear a lot of tunics around here--they're perfect for the beach breezy weather. Hope you have a great weekend!

xo Mary Jo

Poppies and Sunshine said...

I love flowy tunics, but yet to get one. I think it's about time to buy one!

Popcorn, Pugs & Peonies said...

Gwen Stefani looks amazing in absolutely everything. I love the Bad Joan jeans shown with her look here.

*Erin