Wednesday, October 6, 2010

inspiration: LARGE SCALE

by Gina Holz



I was shopping for indoor planters at Rolling Greens when I came across these wood vases. While they are simple in design they are dramatic in scale (about 6ft). A simple accessory can become a show piece if you use it in an unexpected way. Using one of these for plants is interesting but using a grouping becomes architectural and transforms the space.


The same concept can apply to your wardrobe.  I love large scale accessories like the new Rich in Friendship jewelry arrivals at Badjoan.com.  My favorite are the oversize rings like the Rhinestone Flower Ring and the Roman Goddess Ring.  These large scale, statement rings measure 2" in diameter.  But don't be intimidated by the size, embrace it!  These rings look great alone but don't be afraid to pair them with some chunky bangles in order to bring the whole look to life...


... I drive around a lot for work and driving is so much more fun with my jewels on!


No comments: